Groundskeeper- Camp Bliss, Walker, MN
We are seeking part-time groundskeepers to assist with maintaining grounds for our Camp Bliss property located in Walker, MN.
Duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with ensuring lodge facility, house, cabin, yurts and other buildings are kept clean and in good condition
- Assist with monitoring and providing upkeep and maintenance for all of Camp Bliss property, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, lawns, planters, trees, plants, flowers, and overall grounds
- Operate a variety of vehicles and powered/non-powered equipment for mowing grass, plowing snow, trimming trees and bushes, raking, etc. and provide maintenance and repairs of equipment as needed
- Gather and remove litter
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment or structures, such as buildings, fences, or benches using hand or power tools
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees
- Assist with irrigation systems, including winterizing systems and starting them up in the spring
- Assist with completing seasonal procedures as needed (i.e. seasonal lights, water lines, put docks in/out, cut and remove lake weeds, dump dehumidifiers, snow removal)
- Assist with set up preparations and take down for events
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be physically able to handle a variety of grounds keeping tasks and equipment
- Ability to professionally solve problems proactively and positively using company culture strategies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under multiple demands
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Must pass background study
- Competitive based on experience
Independent Lifestyles provides an unduplicated culture working in a supportive, positive and dynamic company that sets us apart from the rest. Camp Bliss hosts a variety of 2-3 day retreats, primarily for Veterans and people with disabilities. In addition, we rent out our facilities to private groups (including lodge, house, cabin and yurts). If you are looking for a position at an organization that supports its employees we are your next step! Check us out: www.independentlifestyles.org.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Application will be accepted until the position is filled. Send email to Danellest@independentlifestyles.org to obtain an application. EOE/AA.
Getting Hired at Independent Lifestyles, Inc. – What you can expect
Step 1: Application for Employment and Applicant Survey Form
The first step in applying for a position with Independent Lifestyles, Inc. is to respond to our job posting with your cover letter and resume (preferred via email) to the Contracts & HR Director. If you meet the minimum qualifications you may receive an Application for Employment and Applicant Survey Form to complete and return. The application will provide us with details of your knowledge, skills and experience as it relates to the positon in which you are applying. It is important for you to complete the application completely to ensure that it can be submitted successfully. Any application with missing information may not be considered complete and may not be reviewed. Completing the application accurately and honestly also ensures your employment will not be rescinded for incorrect statements or information. As an Affirmative Action employer, we must monitor our equal opportunity employment and affirmative action plan and report the results to government agencies. Providing the survey information is completely voluntary. When we receive the Applicant Survey Form we will immediately keep it separate from your application. This form is NOT used for employment decisions. Once your completed information has been received, they will be reviewed. If your skills and experience are found to match the job opening, you may be contacted for a phone interview. Should you require reasonable accessibility accommodations for any of the hiring steps, please provide your request to the Contracts & HR Director.
Step 2: Phone Screen
If selected, you may receive a phone call from someone on the interview team. During this brief phone call, we will further explain the positon, clarify information you submitted and ask some interview questions. You will also have an opportunity to ask some questions that you may have.
Step 3: In-Person Interview
If selected, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview. You may participate in one or more interviews. The interview will determine your suitability for employment. It will also provide you with an opportunity to ask questions. The interview is an opportunity for you to better understand the position you are applying for, and allow you to hear what it is like to work at Independent Lifestyles.
Step 4: Reference and Education Check
If selected, we will contact your references and school to verify the information you provided and ask questions to further determine your suitability for employment.
Step 5: On-board
If selected for the position, you will be notified via phone. Once a start date has been established you will receive a welcome letter and some new hire paperwork that will need to be completed before your start date. When you report for work you will continue with more “new hire” paperwork and receive on-boarding to our agency and your job.